WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEMETER AND BIOLAND CERTIFICATION?
Many of you have probably wondered what the difference between Demeter and Bioland certification is. All these names are related to organic formula milk and where the milk comes from. There are different standards concerning organic farms, but remember that organic products mean that it is grown without chemicals.
Everybody should remember that it is very important to know how all products are growing especially products for children.
So what is Bioland and Demeter certification?
Demeter Certification is one of the largest certifications that is used in many countries. You should follow very strict rules to become Demeter certified. As well, you should update it every year. The main standards are:
- No synthetic fertilizers
- All cows are fed with herbs in feed
- They pay very strict attention on timing of planting and crop rotation
- They are taking care of animals welfare
Bioland certification is the largest association in Germany. The main standards are:
- Taking care of animal welfare
- Organic food production
- Use of Nitrogen fertilizers and pesticides in very small amounts
- No genetically modified seeds
Demeter certification was the first certification system that is slightly different from Bioland. However, they both represent the future of agriculture, working in balance with nature.
Here are the main difference between Bioland and Demeter certification:
- Demeter forbids removing cow’s horns, because it affects the taste and quality of the milk.
- Bioland allows the very small use of pesticides while Demeter prohibits the use of chemicals.
Farms are inspected every year to ensure that all standards are being met. The standards reflects the principle of farming as living organism.
If you are making a decision which formula to feed your baby, maybe this article will help you. Holle, Hipp and Loulouka are the best European formulas. Visit https://www.best4yourbabyshop.com/collections/all and make your choice.
Hopefully, this will help you to clarify some of the main differences between these two classifications.